Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What Annoys Me in Certain Compositions of Ads

What annoys me in certain compositions of ads is when a design doesn't portray the product, or it presents something else. The designers do a good job with their designs, but the message sometimes get thrown off. An example was an ad that a classmate showed during a Graphic Design class during the time I was in High School. I couldn't find the ad, but as far as I remember, it was a young woman's head that filled the entire left side of the ad, and her eye was on fire (but she wasn't in pain; it's, of course, fake). I thought it looked like an ad for some kind of make-up, but you want to know what it really is trying to sell? A fireplace. Yep, An ad that presents a fireplace as a product to the young adults. I understand what the ad is doing, but it almost looks like that the fireplace is used to burn your skin or something. The ad just doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment